This page is an in-progress accumulation of information about what you can and can't recycle, regional recycling charts, lists of toxic materials, and ideas for reuse of things otherwise destined for the landfill.
Typical recycling guidelines
These are just some of the benefits of using 100% post-consumer recycled and chlorine-free-processed paper:
- Substantial energy is saved (generally, 95% of the energy used to make virgin papers).
- Oxygen-producing forest habitat is preserved.
- Landfill-destined waste is eliminated.
- Dioxins, furans, and organo-chlorines (known carcinogens) are not formed.
How to read recycling labels
Regional recycling information
Shoe recycling programs
- Write letters to city offices and leaders to request improved city recycling
- Post local recycling charts in your community
What does your city recycle?
Back to No Trash Week main page.
For questions and suggestions, email info -at- notrashweek -dot- com.